We are an incorporated Australian not-for-profit aiming to provide essential health and educational services to rural Zimbabweans in Sidinda.
We fundraise in Australia to provide ongoing medicinal support to the Sidinda Health Clinic and educational support to the Sidinda Primary School and Lumbora Secondary School.
Sidinda is a rural community of 2,000. The Clinic and Primary School are the only infrastructure in the poor community dependent on subsistence farming. With 10 years of building the clinic and schools, the Sidinda facilities also service neighbouring communities.
Our fundraising draws relationships between the rural Sidinda community and that of regional Australians. To see more about our partnerships, click here.
Shipping Containers – Aus to Zim
A major fundraising outcome for Sidinda Health Clinic Inc has been shipping containers to Sidinda with medical supplies and equipment for the schools. This is an effective use of resources; both in re-using quality products from Australia and in supplying schools and health clinics with much needed supplies that are not readily accessible in Zimbabwe.
- Shipping Container One: In 2019, we delivered a 40ft shipping container to Sidinda containing approx $100,000.00 worth of donated medical, educational and community goods. Michelle and Ellen met the container at Sidinda, which included tables, desks, chairs, school books and stationery, medical consumables, bandages, wheelchairs, BP machines and much more.
- Shipping Container Two: Our second container was delivered in September 2021. With the support of the Alfredton Rotary Club who supplied the container itself, the container will support the development of another health clinic, the Ngamo Health Clinic, which has been built by our partners at Imvelo Safari Lodges.
- Shipping Container Three… WATCH THIS SPACE!! We are currently fundraising to buy a third shipping container to send to Sidinda early next year.
- As with many sub-Saharan African countries, the Zimbabwean healthcare system is not adequately equipped for the disastrous effects of the covid-19 outbreak.
- Despite the pandemic, we are fundraising to ensure that healthcare and education are consistently provided to the community.
When we first encountered the community of Sidinda, the health clinic was a shell of a building, with no roof and only three walls. Since 2011, we have worked to complete the building, add more infrastructure including a Mother’s Shelter for pre and post-natal mothers, register the health clinic with the Ministry of Education and ensure consistent healthcare is provided to the community. Our ongoing commitment is to supplement the medicinal supply at Sidinda Health Clinic with chronic medication.
Education is crucial to the advancement and prospects of children. We focus on improving the facilities, teaching staff and opportunities for females at both the primary and secondary school.
Since 2019, we have supported two local community members to qualify as a primary school teacher and an early-learning teacher;
Nutrition and Agricultural Innovation
In 2020, we also sunk a new bore to expand the community garden for more families to access nutritional produce and the opportunity to earn an income;
Get in Touch
Sidinda Health Clinic Inc
Donation to Sidinda Health Clinic
As a charity registered with the ACNC, we are eligible for the PayPal Giving Fund Australia for a no-commission donation service. Please use the above link to donate!
Donation to Sidinda Health Clinic
We accept donations on an ongoing basis to facilitate the needs of both the medical clinic and schools. Please add however many increments of $10.00 you would like to donate via the payment option below. We will provide you with a receipt upon request!
Copyright Sidinda Health Clinic Inc – All rights reserved