We are an incorporated Australian not-for-profit aiming to provide essential health and educational services to rural Zimbabweans in Sidinda.
We fundraise in Australia to provide ongoing medicinal support to the Sidinda Health Clinic and educational support to the Sidinda Primary School and Lumbora Secondary School.
Sidinda is a rural community of 2,000. The Clinic and Primary School are the only infrastructure in the poor community dependent on subsistence farming. With 10 years of building the clinic and schools, the Sidinda facilities also service neighbouring communities.
Our fundraising draws relationships between the rural Sidinda community and that of regional Australians. To see more about our partnerships, click here.
What’s Happening in 2020
- In 2019, our major fundraising objective was to qualify a primary school teacher and an early-learning teacher who are local community members;
- Providing textbooks for all year-levels at Sidinda Primary School;
- Funding 11 children from Sidinda to attend the neighbouring secondary school;
- Supplementing the medicinal supply at Sidinda Health Clinic with chronic medication; and
- Conducting maintenance to the clinic buildings.
- As with many sub-Saharan African countries, the Zimbabwean healthcare system is not adequately equipped for the disastrous effects of the covid-19 outbreak.
- Whilst we have not any reported cases in the Sidinda area, we are working with the nurses to ensure that we have adequate PPE and mobilising our sewing groups in Australia and Zimbabwe to make face masks for the community.
Since 2011, we have fundraised around $20,000 every year to establish the Sidinda Health Clinic, build its facilities and ensure its ongoing success.
In 2019, we delivered a 40ft shipping container to Sidinda containing approx $100,000.00 worth of donated medical, educational and community goods.
Education is crucial to the advancement and prospects of children. We focus on improving the facilities, teaching staff and opportunities for females at both the primary and secondary school.
Get in Touch
Sidinda Health Clinic Inc
Donation to Sidinda Health Clinic
We accept donations on an ongoing basis to facilitate the needs of both the medical clinic and schools. Please add however many increments of $10.00 you would like to donate via the payment option below. We will provide you with a receipt upon request!
Copyright Sidinda Health Clinic Inc – All rights reserved